Friday, November 21, 2008

2008 Holiday Folk Fair International

I took Auggie to State Fair Park for the folk fair so that he could "explore the customs and traditions of the world's diverse cultures...".  I'm not sure this was exactly the type of "exploration" Auggie had in mind.  Nevertheless, I dragged him around the convention center enduring several melt downs.  We sampled a little international flavor, I had an Egyptian salad and Auggie tried some Bavarian and Irish cookies.

Auggie standing next to the Polish Christmas tree (this photo is for Grandma Kitty and Grantie Patti).

Auggie is an avid spectator of dance.  Here he is watching the Filipino Tinikling bamboo sticks dance.


Giant Tee-Pee (this photo's for Grandpa Donnie).


Giving a "high five" to a portly Ben Franklin.


Auggie and I went into the International Theater and watched some youth groups dance (Slovak, Chinese, Donauschwaben and African).  Auggie's favorite dance group, by far, was the African dancers with their djembes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was way cool to do. I imagine you had a better time than Auggie, but he certainly is experiencing a lot of new stuff. I liked the polish trees and grandpa liked the big teepee.