Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I think it's safe for me to speak for both Aaron and I, when I say, New Year's Eve isn't what it used to be!  Our partying days are seemingly behind us (or perhaps they are taking a long hiatus) while Aaron and I enjoy the more calm and rewarding joys of watching Auggie move into the new year.  I am comfortably snug in my jammies as I peacefully post on the blog, void of any regret or longing for smoked filled bars, headaches or hangovers.  My only wish is for 2009 to grant Augustus as much love and joy as any year can possibly afford...




Alright.  Brace yourself.  Aaron and I decided to try something new (or for Aaron, more accurately, nostalgic), a trip to The Organ Piper.  First I want to mention that when Aaron introduced the idea of going to this restaurant, he initially referred to it as The Organ Grinder.  I'm certain it occurs to you as you read this, as it did me, that organ grinder conjures up less than savory images for an eating establishment.  I was amused, and relieved, to discover its actual name, Organ Piper Pizza.   So here's the shpiel...Organ Piper Pizza has been around for 30 years and is loosely considered a Milwaukee landmark.  The atmosphere, at best, has a  definitive kitch or camp value...monster-sized organ, flashing lights everywhere, drums, cymbals and bells (all synchronized to heighten one's experience of the organ).  In short, Auggie loved it.  Done.  Mission accomplished.

So maybe Auggie didn't love it, immediately.  To be honest walking into this circus was notably traumatizing on some level.

While waiting for the best possible table, a booth nearest to the organ, Auggie sampled some games in the arcade.


Here's the mother of all organs.

Rudolph hiding amidst the pipes.

Handsome Toyntons

Kitch, maybe.  Delicious pizza, definitely!

We ended our rock star night with some ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery and a kiss for Momma.  Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful way to start out the New Year! Your life does change tramatically when you have kids, but it is the best experience life can offer! We love you!

AUG BLOG said...

"Tramatically"...I'm hoping you meant dramatically as I would like to avoid as much "trauma" as possible!

Anonymous said...

Ho Ho Ho! That is so funny. So Granma Kittyish to say that! Donnie and I are in stitches! It can be tramatic at times, but basically, I meant dramatic change, not tramatic. I am still laughing!!